Winner, ACEP Award of Excellence in Journalism, Radio Category
Awarded work was “Ins and Outs of the ER,” a comprehensive educational piece about what to expect in the emergency department and the challenges of crowding and waiting. Other winners of the American College of Emergency Physicians awards include ABC News and the Fox News Channel.
Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International
Winner, Golden Lamp Award, Center for Nursing Advocacy
The annual award for the Best Media Depictions of Nursing salutes all nurses who advocate in the media to increase understanding of their profession and help their patients, as well as the media entities that work with these nurses.
- Listed as one of the top health care professionals to follow on Twitter.
- Recognized by MDDigital Life as “a virtual healthcare renaissance woman – a trained nurse, a columnist with the Huffington Post, and the creator of Health in 30.”
- Healthline nominated Healthin30.com for best health blog 2011.
- Named Top #HIT100 –Healthcare IT News published the winners of #HIT100. The #HIT100 is a crowd-sourced list of the most influential individuals or organizations who contribute to the advancement of health care technology through social media.
- Invited as a Digital Health Scholar for Digital Health Coalition.